Bookstore at Rudolf Steiner Co
Failure to Connect
* When should children start using computers?
* How should schools incorporate computer use into their curriculum?
* Which types of computer software programs should be avoided?
* Are children who don't have computers in class and at home doomed to fall behind their peers?
Few parents and educators stop to consider that computers, used incorrectly, may do far more harm than good to a child's growing brain and social/emotional development. In this comprehensive and practical guide to kids and computers, Jane M. Healy, Ph.D., author of the groundbreaking bestseller Endangered Minds, examines the advantages and drawbacks of computer use for kids at home and school, exploring its effects on their health, mental development, and creativity.
In addition, this timely and ey-opening book presents:
* Concrete examples of how to develop a technology plan and use computers successfully with children of different age groups as supplements to classroom curricula, as research tools, or in family projects
* Resources for reliable reviews of child-oriented software
* Questions parents should ask when their children are using computers in school
* Advice on how to manage computer use at home
Books - Failure to Connect